1. I’m one of those people who only uses LinkedIn to accept invitations to connect in the vague hope that it might help me get a job someday down the line. Well imagine my surprise when one of NZ’s very own midwifery celebrities requested to connect with me! Maggie Banks is a new-world pioneer in breech birth and many other new-old ways of looking at birth and is very much an inspiration to me. I was lucky enough to study under her for a short while at university and she played a large role in helping me to define the kind of midwife I wanted to be.
LinkedIn: Connecting poor newbies with their heroes since 2014.
2. We have a massive mandarin tree in our backyard and right now it is overloaded with lovely bright mandarins ripe for eating. Adoomi has learned how to pick and peel them and regularly asks to go out into the yard to pick some more. Delish.
3. I love Pinterest. I especially love all the pretty home decorating ideas to be found on Pinterest. Do I ever implement any of said ideas? No way buddy-o, that would require creativity and artistic talent, of which I have not. BUT I did have a moment the other day, mostly born from frustration at the mess my jewellery was always getting into, and so I did this:
Voila! Pretty earrings on display and a manky corner of my bathroom brightened up a little. Even Harry liked it. Bring it on, Pinterest pretties.
4. I found a link on Jen’s blog to a religion test which I took and was pleasantly surprised with the results: Catholic! I tried to honestly answer the questions and was expecting a mix but 100% is pretty solid.
Yup, sounds about right. Unfortunately it was really late at night and I wasn’t thinking straight so I didn’t save the link to the quiz or to the page on her blog but only took a pic of the laptop screen. Brownie points to the first person who can find the link on Jen’s blog.
5. Flowers are the best. I bought these beauties the other day and they’re still blooming strong two weeks later. Ahh, my soul is at rest when I look at them.
6. This instrument spent many a year getting nothing more than an annual airing but since buying a bebe guitar for Adoomi for Christmas I’ve been playing it much more regularly. He loves the ‘ta’ (guitar) and goes to find me a ‘pit’ (pick) from the shelf if I am without. Then he holds his guitar up like a champion and proudly strums away. He’ll be making me rock’n’roll millions soon I’m sure.
7. I made Beef Stirfry for the first time this week. More recipes, I know. But I can’t get the burst of hot tomato juice out of my mind and want it back in my mouth. And the way it compliments the beef spices? And the freshness of the veggies? And the ridiculous ease of preparation? I think I’ve got dinner sorted for tomorrow.
Linking up with Jen at Conversion Diary for another exciting round of 7 Quick Takes. Go check out the wonderful news about her book!